Saturday 20 June 2009

Raw Emotions


I am drawn to this book for the following reasons:

The intelligent title by itself draws me in

The lovely vibrant colour illustrations and the fact that as I approach a milestone birthday(yet again:)I'm feeling quite vulnerable. Having experimented with a wholly 'live' natural plant-based lifestyle in the past('90's and '00's) I felt lovely, light and serene; so balanced and at peace with thy self and the world(Due to severe economic limitations my wonderfully natural lifestyle ceased). I love fresh fruit, leafy greens, macadamias etc. If I don't eat these goodies my body soon knows about it, thus I crave greens and macadamias more than anything! You can imagine if you practice asanas or the 5 Tibetan Rites combined with the paradise lifestyle you feel so naturally confident and strong, you have unlimited resources to do anything:) - works like magic(I'm speaking from personal experience with a personal history of timidity, thus far from confident:)!

I'm also aware that with a history of emotional eating and bingeing processed foods make me moody, lazy and fat with a tendency towards the dark side(Depression, inertia, melancholy etc.).

The award-winning author, Angela stokes overcame morbid obesity(dreadful term and if you go on to her website: rawreform.com she is as gorgeous before her radical transformation)to a UK size 10 with a live food lifestyle.

My biggest lesson so far is self-acceptance and I'm not quite there yet.

No comments: