Saturday 13 June 2009

As a Typical 'apple' it's time to take stock for the sake of one's health as health is wealth!

Weight gain in the area of and above the waist (apple type) is more dangerous than weight gained around the hips and flank area (pear type). Fat cells in the upper body have different qualities than those found in hips and thighs.

I've couldn't help but notice that virtually all my garments don't hang as well as they once did(I prefer loose and comfortably-fitted clothes). They now look quite tight and unsightly. The reason for this fat gain is a combination of a health scare I had a while back and a lack of exercise. The secrets for keeping me confident, slim and serene back then were a combination of yoga-based exercises and natural foods.

They include:

*basic asanas
*5 Tibetan Rites(based on the asanas, thus stimulate the charkras) - if you do one discipline for the rest of your natural life I wholeheartedly recommend this one!
*rebounding AKA a mini trampoline:)
* Walks / rambling / hiking / power walking etc
* A plant-based diet rich in raw organic food(Leafy greens, fresh berries, nuts, seeds and live sprouts(seeds,pulses etc.)

Time for action(Wish me luck:)!

No comments: