Monday 31 August 2009

Smocking Time!




1951, the average British woman's waist has increased by six inches, and fashion - designer and High Street - has reflected this with the rise and rise of the smock top and other loose-fitting items that are, as Jane de Teliga politely puts it, 'very handy for the podgy'(Nice). I on the other hand tend to disagree with this magazine editor's(typical journalist)opinion and love the smock! Being a passionate culture vulture myself one does like to take an interest in the visual arts and fashion so forth is included. Fashion is fun and frivolous art form after all! I love the forgiving shape(It's so nice when you have put on a few pounds, bloated or even pregnant to have a lovely relaxed and comfortable garment to wear; heterosexual males may disagree on this one, but this chick purely dresses for herself and herself alone and one just happens to prefer loose-fitting clothes to tight-fitting ones alas Mrs. Beckham) and comfort factor(I guess it's a innate maternal thing in me). They may be out of Vogue, but who cares(Fashion victim I am not).

No comments: